It’s a tough gig raising kids and even though I told myself I would remember for the next child, it didn’t happen. But not to worry, all part of the joys of parenting.
1. Leaving the house with a nappy bag that actually has no nappies in it.
2. Not putting a nappy on properly during a night feed and then having it leak and waking baby up another time.
3. Giving the kids extremely sticky/crumbly/messy food while travelling in the car after saying that I wasn’t going to do it ever again.
4. Feeding the kids spaghetti bolognaise after giving them a bath and dressing them in their pyjamas.
5. Taking them to the shops when they are hungry, (turns out kids are always hungry).
6. Not using a burp cloth after a feed and then just before wanting to leave the house in an outfit that took a week to pick out, bub vomits all over you.
7. Leaving the house for more than half and hour with no snacks.
8. Running out of coffee, tissues, kids Panadol and icy poles all at the same time.
9. Trying to reason with a tired and hungry child.
10. Letting them play with my phone or the TV remote just once (they’re now hooked).
Bailee (Mum of three, wife, school teacher, app manager for All Things Little and a little sleep deprived at times- but who isn’t)